Moving Picture World, February 24, 1912:
“The Mars Theater, Charleston Street and Tennessee Avenue, Charleston, W. Va., is owned by R.F. Washington. It seats 275, has a steel booth 15 feet by 8 feet, Powers N 6 Machine and a Fort Wayne Compensare. The throw is 74 feet, giving a picture 15 feet by 11 1/2 feet.
The house opened October 21, 1911 had has been doing fine business ever since.
He is currently accepting theatre talks and walks for 2014–historical societies, libraries, senior centers, etc.