Bringing a touch of ancient Egypt to Dayton, the “new Montgomery Theater” became the Majestic shortly after opening its doors in 1912.
The Moving Picture World, April 27, 1912:
“By the courtesy of Mr. F. T. Montgomery, the Moving Picture World presents two views of the new Montgomery Theater at Dayton, Ohio. The treatment inside and out is Egyptian. The beauty of the house is in the expensive decorations, rich plush, expensive carpets, white marble floors and ornate box seats.
“All the latest devices have been installed. The illumination is by the indirect lighting system. A Simpson Solar Screen has been installed. A continuous show is given from 1 P.M. until 11 P.M. A vacuüm ventilating plant changes the atmosphere at different intervals, the system including two 60-inch exhaust fans.
“There is a fountain in the foyer with individual drinking cups and ice water, and ample reception and retiring rooms for the convenience of patrons. The music is furnished by an orchestra of six solo musicians, under the leadership of Mr. Buell B. Reisinger. Mr. Reisinger has been in Mr. Montgomery’s employ for four years and is considered one of the best moving picture orchestra leaders in America.
“A glance at the engravings will give you an idea of the decorative scheme. This house has been highly commented upon by Dayton newspapers.”
He is available for theatre talks and walks in 2014, historical societies, libraries, senior centers, etc.